Digital Art Class
Hey guys! This class aims to explore the various techniques involved in creating digital art. The digital artform arose in the light of the technological developments of OUR era, and is an extremely fun and versatile form, spanning anything from 3D to oil paint, to watercolour simulation. Digital art is unlike the traditional forms in that it can be reproduced again and again without deterioration of quality. Because of the ease with which one can change file sizes etc, digital art is very useful in creating those prints or book covers that you need done, right? :) All this isn't to say that digital media trumps the traditional, but it is a wonderful form that I hope everyone can achieve interesting results with, with a little care and experimentation, maybe :)
Both [liiga] and myself ( [Caelicorn] ) are freelance/commission artists, and we recently made it onto the Epilogue New Masters of Fantasy 2004 list. I am currently putting together a portfolio, and [liiga] is busy doing various commissions and also work for the EMG Portrait Adoption website ( http://adoption.ellenmilliongraphics.com/ ) As a note of importance, we are both our own artists, by which I mean that neither of us is God, nor the All-Knowing-Tome of Knowledge on All Things Artistic. I'd like to think that I can learn something from everyone who comes this way, in fact, I want to, which is why I feel that community involvement of some sort is probably necessary at some level. I will try to find ways to open the forum to you at all times, and hopefully we will come up with some exercises for you, through which you can try some of the techniques that we will suggest here. Above all, it is important to remember to find your own way through all this :) I hope that you find something of use here, and I hope I do too, HAHAHA! ~~[Caelicorn]
Taught By:[Caelicorn] http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/~ellemelis and [liiga] http://liiga.epilogue.net
Place your names here if you are interested in becoming a student. I would also appreciate it if beside your name, you wrote something that you would be interested in working on :)
1.[toutlemonde] I'd like to see your methods for shading, and possibly color selection.
2.[LustForLike] What do you think is the best thing I can learn from you? ;)
3.[StiltMan] Color and realism. Sometimes I wonder if it's that I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just not being patient or I just don't know where to go after a certain point.
4. [Perplexity] I would like to acheive greater levels of detail and realism, and learn to make full use of all the tools available to the digital artist.
5. [Yuriona] I would like to learn more about proper shading and digital painting all around.
9. [Dil*] I'm always willing to learn.
10.[twitchboy] just wanting to learn
11.[Martini_Kiss] I want to be able to keep creating and get better realistic pictures outta my work.
12. [Lady of Lore] I'm a pretty good artist but hopelessly uncomputer art savvy, i can't even get my scanner to work anymore, lol.
13. [Charybdis] I would be interested to learn anything you have to teach us, particularly in the realms of composition, perspective, and general painting technique.
14. [Danboo] i would like to learn how to digitalize a drawing or make one.
15. Basically I'd like to learn the whole photoshop shebang. Coloring, shading, layering, all the things to make my art look so...so... professionnal!
16. [Elisha Kelly] I know where i want my art to go, but I lack the knowledge to do, I am a beginner so I pretty much need to know everything.
17. [iippo] Basically just hanging around and seeing what all you people come up with for us, and seeing how can I do it with an iippo-touch. ^'^
18. [cagedreptile] smoother looking outcomes and blends
19. [Gav.] am a absolute novice to digital art, any pointers on skin shading would be great!
20.[elvendumaovira] I have many projects that are not finished and I would like to know how to digitalize them.
21. [Lady Edana-Arianrhod Rós] I have lots to learn about digital art.
22. [Ronin-Sparrow] Woot! Someone who can teach AND do! My last teacher never showed me his art, but I *love* yours! An' I'm not a *bad* artist, per se, I just don't know WTF I'm doing.
23.[Iron-Man-429] I really want to learn how to color my mech drawings.
24. [Dragonhearted elfgirl] Yay! xD I'd like to see some coloring tutorials. :3 And more realistic tutorials, and hands and feets. xD *devoted student*
25.[Lady of Lore] anything to learn is good, no?
26.[The Crabby Cancerean]id like to learn more about digital art in general
27. [OMERTA] I want to nkow how to spice up drawings and photos...
28. [Neddard] Something like Garza... Toreplace the lack of greatness in a scanned drawing with photoshop/digital things
29. [Ninja Squirrel] I would love to learn how to make photo-realistic digital work like in Final Fantasy X
30. [Phoxx] I'd like to learn basic (and advanced) drawing in Photoshop.
31.[HardRockAngel] I'd love to learn digital art-techniques, although my parents aren't to keen on buying all the programs... Is a tutorial possible for paint and the effects that can be made using it?
32.[kasaix.x] I also don't have a way of getting all the programs. I only have paint, is it possibe to use it?
33.[Kyuulfroist] I would like help with hair and drawing male faces. theyr impossible!
1. Character Creation
2. Scene Creation
Character Creation: Lighting
Lighting Magic: The Dolphin
Character Creation: Colouring Drawings
Part One:Retouching Drawings
Dipping Into Digital <-- new!
Angel Bunny Walkthrough
Marketing Art Online
Sexy Eye Tutorial
Back to art or elftown academy
|Show these comments on your site|